Monday 12 May 2014

Project Life | Week Fifteen...

Hello Sassy Friends and welcome to Week 15 | April 7 - 13.  This week we shared a special family occasion and I wanted to include plenty of details.   But what do you do when you have equal parts of  multiple photos and journaling heavy pockets to include in your spread?  And what do you do when you don't want to add those extra pages to extend the weekly spread? Well, I use the premade journaling cards, found in the May Project Life kit, to full advantage.
 
 
 
At first glance, Week 15 certainly has a lot of photos and I've even create a collage to add those extra shots.  But Week 15 also has three lots of hidden journaling, tucked neatly behind the documentation that is already visible.
 

The first lot of journaling is hard to access, mostly because the pocket opens from the previous spread.  This is where I have typed up the week's general events.  I know it's there, but many people going through my PL album wouldn't think to check.  However, using the back of a journaling card from the previous week, appeals to my sense of using all available space when needed!  Besides!  It still coordinates with this week's colours!  *grin*  A definite benefit when using a kit!


On page one, I have also used the My Mind's Eye label stickers in the title pocket to complement the PL card colours used throughout the spread.  I've also added some hand stitching for a touch of extra texture. (I was originally going to hand stitch the word "hello" but found a great alternative with the Jillibean Soup Wise Words.)


......................................

 
On page two, access to my hidden journaling is a lot easier.  I've simply added a photo to one side of a large (4"x6") journaling card and typed my text directly onto the free space adjacent.  To add even more story details, I've ran a second, smaller (3"x4") journaling card through my typewriter and attached a punched "tab" near the top of it.
 


 
To complete my spread, I have added a little touch of pink. The chipboard thickers and SC Essentials camera  are found in the May Project Life kit. To link this pocket back to the title pocket, I've machine stitched around the outside edge.
 
 
Don't leave out the story details just because you have plenty of photos.  Most times, the story can only enhances the photos.  There are always ways to include extra journaling.  You sometimes just have to think outside the journaling card! Or even think about using the back of it!!
 
Leanne Allinson May Project Life Kit
 
Captured Moments 12x12 Multi Pocket Pages 2
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much to share so many tips for PL, once again I am fascinated by the way you work on it... when I am going to try the adventure, you will be the first to see my PL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to it very much Vero..x

      Delete

09 10