Monday 9 June 2014

Project Life | Week Nineteen...

Hello Sassy Friends!  Today I am excited to share with you the gorgeous new kit for June!  It has been jam  packed with so many wonderful goodies, that you just know you are getting great value for money!  Have a little look here...
 
June Project Life Kit as Designed by Leanne Allinson
 
This week I was completely inspired by the new kit.  The lovely floral patterns and muted tones were perfect for me to document Week 19 | May 5 - 11.
 

 

During Week 19, our endless Summer continued, even though we were closing in fast on the Winter months.  The weekly title has been created using a 4"x6" PL card.  I added the alphas from the Teresa Collins sticker sheet and then stitched them directly to the card.

To add more interest, I also adhered the scallop border and two cute phrases.


On a separate 4"x6" PL card, I've typed the weekly details into the journaling space provided.


Next to the top journaling pocket, I have created white space within my photo.  I played in Photoshop and added three photos of my youngest son's craft projects to a single 4"x6" photo base.  I left room at the bottom of the photo to add a simple sticker phrase.


Using these sticker phrases has helped me also document a fun story from the week.  My husband happened to pick up the camera on Mother's Day and snapped this shot of me and my boys taking a 'selfie'!


I felt that the story behind the photo needed to be told as it's a current 'thing' in our household at the moment.  The arrow on the layered stickers, directs the eye to where it needs to go.  I love that these mini stories help boost the bigger picture of our day to day lives.


Mother's Day is heavily featured in this week's spread.  A lot of photos were taken on this day and I've devoted a whole journaling section to it, just so I can keep the details fresh in my memory.
 
 
On page two, I have also used the Simple Stories "photo flip pockets".




The photo flip pocket has allowed me to add an extra photo and its journaling to record another fun family memory.  It is simply adhered to the front of another pocket, but be careful not to block access to the rear pocket.  I lined the flip pocket up with a pocket of a corresponding size - 3"x4".
 
I found that it does slightly obscure the clear pocket where it needs to be adhered, but nothing that another label sticker (on the outside of the pocket) can't try and disguise! *grin*


As a final touch to this week's spread, I've added some actual artwork that was given to me on Mother's Day.  Where possible I love to include these items so they will be preserved, sweet hand written details included.  I didn't trim this flower to fit my PL card, but rather just folded the petals behind it.


 
 
A photo flip pocket can really help include the mini stories that occur during your week.  These details will be what makes your Project Life memorable in the future.
 
June Project Life Kit as Designed by Leanne Allinson
 
 
Captured Moments 12x12 Multi Pocket Pages 2
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love the small details like the flip pocket and stitching. That photo of the selfie is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chantalle and Bernii..x

    ReplyDelete

09 10