Friday 13 February 2015

Creating easy felt embellishments

Sending 'lovely' vibes your way today Sassy Friends!

I've made a few cards for Cupid's favourite day of the year and I'd like to share 
a little felt idea which was inspired by some Dear Lizzy puffy stickers 
and our gorgeous February moodboard.

To start, I chose a large chipboard alpha to model my lettering 
(I don't trust my own eye enough!) I wanted a bold font.

 I drew around the perimeter of the alphas and then cut them out 
with scissors. (You can use a very sharp craft knife for the inside bits.) 
The felt was sturdy enough to go through a punch too, 
so I created some little hearts.
 
The felt letters were then run through my sewing machine with matching 
red thread for some extra detail. They turned out so well and are 
a great addition to my card.
The next card uses some sweet bits from the 
Simple Stories 'Hugs & Kisses' collection in the store.
 It's a bit tricky to see in this pic, but on the white cardstock, I have stamped the word 'love' from this fun Dear Lizzy stamp set. I have heat set them with clear embossing powder 
for a bit of shimmer.

Next, I went about stamping with a Prima stitched circles stamp and heat set those with gold embossing powder. In the centre of the circles I have placed some beautiful gold doilies from Maggie Holmes 'Open Book' ephemera.

Finished off with some super sweet Hugs & Kisses cardstock stickers.
My last card is modelled on a Heidi Swapp Color Magic card design. I really loved how they have a die cut front, so I copied the shape and created this card...
 To start, I cut the square shape from white cardstock and rounded the edges.
Next, I cut a section of pink cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug with an Amy Tangerine stitched heart embossing folder.
 
I trimmed a sheet of Webster's Pages Beautiful Chic 'Interior Design' the same size as the white cardstock square, and mounted the pink embossed strip between the white cardstock and patterned paper.

The tiny punched hearts finish it off along with another Hugs & Kisses sticker.

There are loads of beautiful things in store to create something special for someone in your life. Don't just wait for Valentine's Day to tell them you love them.

Have a happy weekend

Chantalle
xoxo


 Amy Tangerine Stitched Love Spun Embossing FolderDear Lizzy Serendipity Clear Stamp SetPrima Circle Stitched StampsOpen Book Ephemera PackDear Lizzy Serendipity Fabric Shapes

1 comment:

  1. your cards look great...thanks for the tip with the felt

    ReplyDelete

09 10