Friday 20 February 2015

Elastic Heart

Hello Sassy Friends!

I hope this post finds those of you living in my neck of the woods, safe and dry.

The awesome Peg Hewitt is a Master (pun intended!) when it comes to putting feelings onto paper and she's inspired me to release some of the heaviness I've felt over a situation.

Sia's song 'Elastic Heart' is the soundtrack to this page. I took inspiration from the hues in the music video - raw, earthy tones, full of depth.

 I've used a Dear Lizzy stamp all over the background paper, graduating the colour from black through to a camel colour.

The torn paper represents me being 'cut out', the brittle and cracked ampersand how one's heart can feel shattered. The bullseye, straight to the heart. The 'lightbulb' moment when one realises you won't expose yourself again.

I challenge you to not only tell the happy stories, but to work through those tough feelings we all experience from time to time.

Have a truly wonderful weekend.

Chantalle x





Stazon Jet Black Ink PadDonna Salazar Colorbox Mixed Media Truffle Ink

2 comments:

09 10