Monday 13 April 2015

Project Life | Week Nine...

Hey Sassy Friends!! It's Project Life Monday and today I am celebrating my PL2015 Week 9 | March 2 - 8.  Once again I am playing with the delightful collection combination of Simple Stories I Am  and Crate Paper Craft Market.
 
After focusing on the green tones last week, today I thought I'd play with a few pink, gold and tangerine hues! And boy am I loving this colour combo!! *grin* Don't you just love a versatile paper collection! I know I do!
 

This week I have pared my spread down to simplicity.  The white space is splashed between fun photos and even more awesome embellishments!


The Simple Stories I Am collection has done most of the "hard" work. And I say that with tongue-in-cheek! All I really had to do was trim the I Am 4x6 Horizontal Journaling Card Elements Paper and then add a sticker or two.  However, I must confess, my title pocket card almost sent me crazy! Having the pre-printed gold frame on the pink paper a little bit askew, had my fingers itching to straighten it! LOL! So the next best thing for me to disguise its lack of straight-ness, was to add the ephemera from Craft Market and strip journaling from the afore mentioned stickers.


Journaling this week was typed directly to the 3x4 cards trimmed from the I Am 3x4Journaling Card Elements papers.


But as an added form of documentation, I included a screen shot of a Facebook message regarding an incident at my children's schools. Something I didn't know about until after the fact.


Stickers were also used to enhance the filler card as shared in the photo below. These simple phrases are ideal for succinct journaling.  If I want my white space, I need to be direct and to the point. *grin*


Page two contains more stories from our week as well as more gorgeous 4x6 Simple Stories cards.  No embellishments needed. Perfect for completing your weekly spread.


Where I did add extra touches, it was for cover up reasons.  The filler card patterned paper below is from the Amy Tangerine Stitched collection. The month written on top of this card didn't corresponded with Week Nine's March dates. Layers of Simple Stories I AM 2x2 elements were teamed with Craft Market ephemera and a MAMBI chipboard arrow.


The story added to the my photo in the next pocket was to indulge in a little colour on a black and white space.  The story was endearing and I wanted it to connect with the rest of my spread. Here I have once again used a combination of stickers (trimmed) and die cut ephemera.



My journaling was gathered from little notes I'd written to myself. Most often I can have a memory jolted just by looking at a photo. However, these random notes often hold more emotion in them if I share the context of feeling in relationship to the recentness of the event itself.


And when I regress from adding notes in my "diary"  I can rely on Instagram to share part of my story. Including the dates when these stories occurred!

 
And where I tend to use Instagram as journaling reminders, it is also a great motivator to document bits and pieces from your everyday.
 
Thanks for joining me here today.  Don't forget to check out the Sassy shop and all orders taken in April go into the running to win a Heidi Swapp Minc! Yay! Get your shopping done now! LOL!
 
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
MAMBI | Vacation Chipboard Stickers
 
Craft Market | Ephemera Pack
Craft Market | Handmade Paper
 
Simple Stories | 4x6 Horizontal Journaling
Simple Stories | 3x4 Journaling Card Elements
Simple Stories | Expressions Cardstock Stickers
 
 
Amy Tangerine | Stitched Cardstock Diecuts
 
      
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely ! Always a pleasure to follow your PL, you give so many nice inspirations. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete

09 10