Friday 6 November 2015

Yuletide Baubles

Hello Sassy Friends!

Now that we have moved into November, we have the green light to start planning those all-important Christmas crafts ;)

Using the stunning new November moodboard as inspiration, I have created some cute DIY baubles with Yuletide by Pink Paislee.



You can grab a pack of these inexpensive clear plastic baubles from a Discount Store. They come in two halves which are easily popped together. I wanted my baubles to have two different sides, so I traced a circle around one half onto patterned paper to get the size, and then trimmed inside the line so it would fit inside. I tried a few techniques to get the disc to stay put and found a dab of hot glue on opposing sides of the paper disc did the trick.


Here is one using Yuletide 'Frosty' and a cute bauble ephemera which I've mounted using foam tape. I've popped some sequins inside too which really ups the festivities!


Here is another, using a 'Merry/Bright' circular die cut shape as well as a super sweet acrylic icicle, both from the ephemera pack.


Taking a look inside the bauble, you can see how simple it is to create something unique and eye catching for the tree. A gold foiled star, a few sparkles and perhaps a little enamel shape is all it takes!


You can stamp, emboss... put choccies inside or some cute little fuzzy pom poms. If it fits, it works!

I will confess that I had to knock on a stranger's door to borrow their planted Christmas tree to hang these, lol. Only a few more weeks and I will have my own up and ready to go :)


Here's another look at the November moodboard in case you missed it. We'd love you to play along with us!

Thanks so much for popping in today!

Chantalle x

 
Create your own with some clear plastic baubles and these items from the Sassy Store


2 comments:

09 10