Saturday 16 April 2016

Agnus | Project Life with Simple Stories Heart

Hi again :) I'm back with another project life share based around the beautiful Simple Stories 'Heart' Collection. These 'Simple Sets' include cut apart sheets, patterned papers as well as a couple of sheets of stickers, and I wanted to share how I use ready made designs to create custom cards for my pages. 



Although this particular set is themed at preserving the memories of a lost loved one, I found that the elements were very versatile and could easily be used to document day to day life.  
Whether you document your album in a weekly or monthly format, the beginning of a new month often requires a title cards, and this is the perfect opportunity to add create a customised card. For this card I began by cutting off a portion of the diamond print card from the 'Simple Set' and combing it with some mint card stock from the Echo Park Gold Dot Collection. I like the way the patterns work together, and the gold foil detail helps to add extra interest. 


I grouped stickers from the 'Simple Set' along with a wood veneer piece from the Simple Stories 'Life in Color' pack and a stamp from Heidi Swapp's Memory Planner range to create the title. I then grouped a cluster of smaller stickers over a Heidi Swapp Memory Planner Tab  which I stitched to the top of the card.
When choosing which filler cards to use for the week, I often look for designs that can be enhanced with accents, and working with the printed design on one the cards I used my favourite Bohemian Typewriter font to add the date and another wood veneer piece to create a simple but cute personalised card.  

I like to use layers and a mix of textures to help add interest to my pockets, and began this card by cutting out a portion from one of the 12x12" papers from the pack to use as a background for my jounraling. I secured a Simple Stories 'I Am' Photo Overlay to the base then cut down another card from the set to print my journaling onto before mounting it to the center of the overlay. I added a few wood veneer pieces and sticker for extra depth. 
I loved the look of one of the patterned papers from the pack and decided to recreate the ombre  colour effect to use behind some gorgeous gold foiled vellum from Crate Paper's 'Hello Love' Collection
I used a wet brush to spread a light layer of water onto water colour paper then dipped the brush directly onto a mint Faber Castell Gelato from the Mix & Match Metallics pack and transferred the colour onto my card - applying more colour to the bottom of the card to create a similar graduated look.   

I used the other portion of the diamond print card from the first pocket to add interest to my printed journaling and really like the way it helps to tie both pages together. I framed the card with another one of the gold foiled photo overlays, adding one of the Memory Planner Word Jumble Stickers behind the wood veneer. The sticker pack include a sheet of clear, velum and black stickers with gold foiled phrases.   

Of course you cards can't have all the attention, and sometimes the photos need a bit of dressing up too!
Products from the Sassy store...
   

      
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Love how you customized these cards for your PL! Those color choices are gorgeous and your watercolor card is fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Adrienne xx I love the watercolor look and it was super easy to create :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful job! Love your colors and unique embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xx I hope you feel inspired to create some custom cards for your album too :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous! Love how you organized these cards. Wondering where did you get these stickers, pretty awesome, aight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Katie xx all the stickers came from the Sassy Scrappers store and I have linked each item used in my blog post :)

      Delete
  4. Really enjoyed your tips & hints & your PL looks stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzie, great to hear you enjoyed the post xx

      Delete

09 10