Thursday 20 April 2017

Beach Bum Mixed Media Layout by Farrel Tailor

Hello Sassy Fans!!! 
Today I am sharing with you all a mixed media layout I created whilst on a scrapbooking cruise earlier this week. I had so much fun creating this and hopefully this inspires you to create some beachy layouts before winter sets in!! 

So without further adieu, here is my layout


So the first thing I did was apply a thin coat of gel medium all over my Heidi Swapp Magnolia Jane 12x12 paper - Vintage Market. I used gel medium so that I would have time to move my paints around on the page before they started to dry.


I'm using Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paints in WhiteCheddar and Ocean
Using my fingers, I started to apply the paint to my paper. Why use my fingers you ask? I like the texture my fingers make rather than using a paint brush but if you wanted to use a brush, make sure it is a dry brush as this will also give you texture.
 I started with Cheddar and waited till it was dry before I applied Ocean and the same with White as seen below.





Next I tore a piece of paper from an old book and used the white paint to paint around the edges of the paper. I wasn't 100% happy with the way it looked so I decided to lightly coat the whole piece with paint.


Next I stamped randomly on the layout using Versafine Onyx Black and Darkroom Door Stamp Cling 3x2 Numbers


I did add some corrugated kraft cardstock for behind my photo and used my fingers to apply the 3 Heavy Body Acrylic Paints used in my background. I also used the white paint to paint around the edges of my photo to give that white wash look.



I have used a hessian and twine stamp I had in my stash along with this chipboard title. The gold honeycomb strip was also something I had packed with me for the trip and was glad I did.


I felt the layout was still missing something.... and then it hit me - I decided to try the Essentials Chipboard Stars Green which I think just finished off the layout perfectly and was so happy that the colour matched my layout...yay!!!!



And there you have it, another mixed media layout created using amazing products. So be sure to order your products today!!! 

Thanks for dropping by and until next time - Happy Scrappin' xx



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10